FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS
***PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE SENDING US DIRECT ENQUIRIES***
1. Q. Where is the venue located?
4. Q. Are there Covid restrictions in Iceland?
A. At the time of writing, no. Attendees do not require testing to board Icelandic flights or to enter the venue. Masks are not required in Iceland, neither is social distancing.
5. Q. If I can't travel to Iceland due to covid restrictions, can I get a refund?
A. No. If attendees are unable to travel because of restrictions, we are not able to provide refunds. Attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements and are obliged to know the laws and Covid regulations in the country they're traveling to and from.
6. Q. What documentation do I need to present in order to enter the venue?
A. All attendees are required to present their full names and e-tickets/ticket numbers to claim bracelets.
22. Q. Do I need to wear a mask at the venue?
23. Q. Will alcohol be sold at the venue?
A. Yes. We have taken special care to provide a respectable menu of alcoholic beverages at the most affordable prices possible.
24. Q. Will food be sold at the venue?
A. Yes, food will be sold at the venue and light snacks will be sold at the bar.
25. Q. Can I bring my own alcohol or food into the venue?
A. No. This is not a BYOB event. It is not permitted to bring your own alcohol or drinks onto the festival grounds (that means inside the venue and surrounding areas on the property).
It is not permitted to bring your own food onto the festival grounds. We are offering a selection of gourmet, yet affordable street-food catering to all palates. We have set the standards of our menu far above what we consider to be common for most music festivals, so we ask that you respect our efforts here - bringing your own light snacks is fine - bringing in a pizza or a Subway is not.
The festival is funded in no small part by alcohol and food sales, so all sales directly contribute to the sustainability of the festival. Please consider that if before attempting to ignore these rules.
26. Q. Are backpacks allowed in the venue?
A. Yes, but may be checked by security.
27. Q. Is there a ticketed area to hang jackets?
A. No. There is an area to hang jackets, but it is not ticketed or directly supervised, so attendees must use this area at their own risk. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property of attendees.
28. Q. Where can I purchase bus passes?
29. Q. Is it possible to purchase a single day bus pass?
A. Yes, and also 3 day passes (for Wednesday - Friday or Thursday - Saturday). Please note that single and 3-day tickets will be sold in limited quantities.
30. Q. I am taking the shuttle bus and will be boarding at 'this' stop. What time will the bus arrive?
A. The bus route is specifically catered to where the majority of our attendees are situated, hence these are not tried and tested routes. It is therefore impossible to say what the exact time between stops will be. The journey takes approximately 25 minutes, so attendees must estimate based on where they are located. There are only a set number of busses, and none coming later if you miss them, so in general, we would highly recommend being early.
31. Q. How should I present my bus pass?
A. Presenting your e-ticket in either digital or printed form is fine, although printed is preferred. Upon arrival to the venue, bus pass holders will receive their bus pass bracelet and will no longer need to present an e-ticket to board the shuttle bus.
32. Q. What time do the shuttle busses leave?
A. Shuttle busses leave BSÍ at 13:00 on the Wednesday and 13:30 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Shuttle busses will leave the venue at 00:30 every night.
33. Q. What are the shuttle bus stops
- Bus Stop #3, Lækjargata, Reykjavík
- Skúlagata, Reykjavík
- Bus Stop 9, Snorrabraut, Reykjavík
- Orkan X, Miklabraut, Reykjavík
- Shell, Grjótháls, Reykjavík
- Reiðhöllin í Víðidal, Reykjavík
34. Q. Are there public busses (Stræto) travelling to the venue?
A.Yes, the number 5 bus goes close to the venue, but please bear in mind that service finishes at 23:30.
35. Q. Is there parking at the venue?
A. Yes, and it's free.
36. Q. Are credit cards accepted?
A. Yes. Debit/credit cards are accepted for bar, food and merch sales. Only Icelandic Krona (ISK) is accepted as cash.
Q. 37. Q. It is okay to bring a camera to the venue.
A. Yes, cameras are allowed. Just no flash!
- For further information regarding the shuttle bus service, please see here; https://www.ascensionfestivaliceland.com/amenities.html